Uniform Free Day
- Uniform Free Day
Uniform Free Guidelines:
*The administration maintains the right to restrict any clothing it deems inappropriate or otherwise violates the spirit of the CSMS dress code.
• Dresses, skirts, shorts, and rompers must reach the student’s longest finger when the arms are placed at the side.
• Pants must fit at the waist. “Sagging” or oversized pants are not permissible. Holes or tears above the knee must have material backing to cover skin.
• No undergarments may be visible at any time. See-through and skin-tight clothing is not permitted.
• All tops must be appropriately sized and completely cover the abdomen, back, and chest even when arms are raised over the head.
• The neckline of any top must be appropriate, no low cut, cleavage, or midriff may be seen.
• Footwear and socks must be worn at all times as specified in uniform guidelines. Close-toed shoes or athletic shoes are recommended.
• Headgear- No hats, bandanas, sweatbands, or du-rags allowed. Students may only wear hats during outdoor Physical Education or recess, to protect themselves from the sun. Unless designated as a Spirit day.
• Outerwear shall not contain any language, symbols, or displays that are inappropriate for a school setting or would tend to materially interfere with or disrupt the educational program. This includes, but is not limited to:
o Profane or indecent language
o Advertisement of drugs, sex, alcohol, or tobacco
o Language and symbols that are derogatory to any race or ethnic group
• Pajamas and slippers are not appropriate school attire and must not be worn (unless otherwise stated, i.e; pajama day and should still fall within the uniform free day dress code requirements).
****A violation of the dress code will require a change of clothing (which is available in our PTO uniform clothing closet), and possible loss of future free dress and other privileges.